The Australian Coalition for Inclusive Education (ACIE) has developed a new resource ‘Learning at home during a time of crisis: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)’.
This resource has been developed to help parents support their children while schools are pupil free or closed in these uncertain times. This resource is to assist children and young people with disability and families to organise and plan for learning at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nobody can replicate the exact experience of early childhood education or school at home. Please be realistic and kind to yourself and your family. These hints and tips for learning at home cover the following areas:
- Looking after you and your family
- Staying connected socially (virtually)
- Accessing useful content and curriculum
- Considering what structure works for you
- Considering other resources
- Keeping a record of achievement and progress
- Staying engaged
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback you have on this resource or have any other feedback you would like to provide.